Thursday 27 January 2011

Cassiobury Park - 26.1.11

I had the morning in the park so I was hoping for some year ticks. It wasn't to be but highlights were c.80 Siskins over the toilet block and while I was there I recieved a call from Brendan Glynn telling me he'd just found around 70 Waxwings feeding on a Cotoneaster in the car park of Woodside leisure centre! I'd been keeping my eye on this shrub as it was laden with berries and looked good for Waxwings to visit. Back in the park a Little Egret was on the cress beds by the fishing lakes and a Sparrowhawk flew over the meadow. After work I took a detour past the lesiure centre and there in the tree by the layby were the Waxwings. I counted up to 70 before they flew off but there was a lot I didn't count so the flock was probably nearer 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment