Friday 11 November 2022

Scilly and Cornwall- 8.10.22

 Whilst I sat outside my accommodation waiting for the minibus to the airport I heard both Common Sandpiper and Kingfisher from the beach at Porthloo.

Back on the mainland I headed to Pendeen where unfortunately I didn’t see the juvenile Woodchat Shrike but at Copperhouse Creek, Hayle I did have better fortune when I laid eyes on not 1 but 2 Lesser Yellowlegs.

I arrived home having seen 106 species. It wasn’t a classic to say the least but a lifer is always a bonus.

Things then took a turn for the worse a couple of days after getting home when I tested positive for Covid for the first time. Things turned even worse just 6 days after leaving the islands when my friend John Judge went and found Britain’s 4th Blackburnian Warbler on Bryher!! That’s a bird I’d love to see….

No comments:

Post a Comment