Friday 11 November 2022

Cornwall - 30.9.22

It was again that time of year where I headed down to the SW for my annual holiday to Scilly. This year it was me, myself and I with nobody else available to join me. 

I set off at 4am and made good progress down despite some patchy fog. As there wasn’t anything of note to go and see I decided to head straight to Pendeen for a seawatch. I was there only an hour or so as it was pretty quiet but despite that I did find an adult Sabine’s Gull and 4 Balearic Shearwaters heading west. 

I then popped over to Copperhouse Creek on the Hayle Estuary where I picked out the 5 juvenile Curlew Sandpipers and over on the main estuary I noted 25 Mediterranean Gulls and a year tick Bar-tailed Godwit

I then headed to Godrevy but the heavens opened so I retired to my hotel room for a nice afternoon kip!

No comments:

Post a Comment