Friday 11 November 2022

Scilly - 3.10.22

Half way down Porthloo Lane I had a Skylark fly over followed by a Reed Warbler at Lower Moors. At Peninnis allotments a single small Sycamore tree held numerous birds including a Whitethroat and best of all a juvenile Common Rosefinch. This was my 6th in the UK but my 5th on Scilly. 

At Carreg Dhu gardens I could hear a Yellow-browed Warbler calling before I reached the gate. Upon entering I got great views of it high in the trees. 

News then broke on the WhatsApp group of a probable Long-tailed Duck off of St.Martin’s. It was soon confirmed and a couple of nice photos appeared. With this news I headed up to the north of St.Mary’s and just east of Bant’s Carn I set up my scope and after a couple of minutes I managed to pick it out just off of Higher Town albeit it wasn’t much more than a white blob at that range! But it was my first Scilly tick of the week.

Back at Carreg Dhu I saw another 2 Spotted Flycatchers and finally got onto a stunning little Firecrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment