Friday 11 November 2022

Scilly - 6.10.22

By now the quietness and lack of good birds was beginning to take its toll. Walking 10 miles a day for little or no reward was becoming annoying. Even more so when Ireland, France and even Shetland were reporting yanks. Surely there had to be something on Scilly? A calling Yellow-browed Warbler at Rosehill and 4 Skylark and another Wheatear on the airfield was all I wrote down in my notebook all day.

 It was when I was in Porth Hellick that Scilly 2022 finally kicked off when a Swainson’s Thrush was found on Tresco. A 3pm boat wasn’t an option due to me being too far away and no taxi available so I trudged back towards my digs and due to lack of signal I missed the news of a 3.30 boat over. I resigned myself to not getting over until the next day and had to hope it’d stay the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment