Friday 11 November 2022

Scilly - 4.10.22

 Today was a visit to St.Agnes sandwiched in between sea watches from Peninnis.

The first sea watch produced a Sooty Shearwater and 2 drake Common Scoter before I headed over to Aggy.

Once on Aggy I made a quick stop at the post office for some nibbles where I bumped into a birder who mentioned that a Greenish Warbler had been found earlier that morning over the course of the next hour I missed it 3 times by a second or two and so I decided to abandon trying to see it in favour of a walk around the island. 

Wheatear

A quick scan of the cricket pitch produced my first Wheatear of the year!

Back at Peninnis and I managed to pick out 2 distant Cory’s Shearwaters and an even more distant flock of c.40 shearwaters that were probably Manx. A Great Skua was a welcome sight considering how many had perished from bird flu.


No comments:

Post a Comment