Friday 11 November 2022

Scilly - 1.10.22

 With a few hours to spare before my flight I returned to Godrevy and had a nice wander. Unfortunately the birds hadn’t been told I was going to be there and so bar 2 Raven and 3 Med Gulls it was sadly quiet.

The flight left on time and after dropping my bags off in my room (staying in Porthloo) I set off to see what I could see on this the 20th anniversary of my first ever visit to Scilly where coincidentally I also stayed in Porthloo. 

I walked down Porthloo Lane and at the southern end of Rosehill I spotted the Pied Flycatcher that’d been found earlier. Up at Carreg Dhu gardens I heard a Great Spitted Woodpecker calling from somewhere near Longstones. Off of Porthcressa beach 9 Sandwich Terns and 19 Mediterranean Gulls were roosting in the rocks.

A quiet first day. Hopefully things would pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment