Saturday 17 March 2012

Cornwall - 13.3.12

One bird that had so far eluded me out in Mount's Bay was the 1st winter drake Surf Scoter. During the length of its stay it has always been very distant and today was no different but luckily I had managed to pick it up. The 3rd attempt! Strangely it was avoiding the 4 Common Scoter which were still offshore. Another year tick was seen with a female Eider just off the pool.

I then drove round to the Long Rock car park where just offshore I picked out a near summer plumaged Slavonian Grebe. I then decided to check out the beach at Marazion for the wintering Water Pipit but there was no sign as the tide was out.

I cheered myself up with a lovely pasty in Hayle before heading round to Carbis Bay in the hope of some divers. I did find 3 offshore but they were all Great-Northern so nothing different for the year list. The final bird of note was another Raven over Trevowhan.

No comments:

Post a Comment