Friday 23 March 2012

Cassiobury Park MEGA - 23.3.12

I thought the best bird of was going to be only my 2nd ever sighting of Marsh Tit that flitted around the Grove Mill Lane car park first thing but that was totally eclipsed when at 2.20 after returning to the yard after marking out the football pitches I heard some gulls in a bit of a commotion. I looked up expecting maybe another Buzzard or Red Kite but was amazed to see that 3 Herring Gulls were mobbing an Osprey!! This bird represents the first record for the park and I think the first in Herts this year so I was very happy. The only trouble was that i'd chosen today to accidentaly leave my phone at home so couldn't get the news out until I got home. Other notable birds seen today were a Coot on the canal, 2 Meadow Pipits flying over, a Redwing still by the yard and the first record of Linnet for the year over the cricket square. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment