Saturday 17 March 2012

Cornwall - 10.3.12

Due to some major changes in my life recently I decided to book a week away in Cornwall and do nothing but rest, relax and lots of birding! On the journey down the first bird of note was a Raven that flew over the car near Monkton, Devon. First stop was Kingsmill Lake near Saltash where after a brisk walk and a bit of scanning I picked up my first Lesser Yellowlegs of the year but due to the large distance there was no hope of getting a photo. 2 Greenshanks also got onto the year list and 11 Little Egrets were seen.

The next stop was at Par beach near St.Austell. On the beach was another Little Egret and on the rocks were 5 Shags which were a year tick as was the male Stonechat nearby. Unfortunately the drake Ring-Necked Duck on the nearby par beach pool was nowhere to be seen.

As I was passing I had a quick scan over the Hayle estuary and picked up yet another Greenshank and Little Egret whilst in with the gulls I found 5 Mediterranean Gulls.

I finally arrived in Penzance almost 10 hours after setting off!

No comments:

Post a Comment