Saturday 17 March 2012

Cornwal - 14.3.12



The distant Iceland Gull and the Scaup.



A report came onto the pager the evening before saying that a possible female Rock Thrush had been seen near Trewellard so seeing as it was closeby I went in the hope of adding another bird to my UK list. A couple of hours searching failed to produce although a report of it being seen briefly just before I arrived had us in high hopes. It wasn't all bad though as 2 Chough and 2 Wheatears were seen for the year list and a female Black Redstart in the car park and a nearby Raven were a nice bonus.


As it was nearby I decided to check out Drift Reservoir again and this time whilst scanning through the gulls I managed to find a 1st winter Iceland Gull! Another not bad self found! I found the drake Scaup again but this time was just below the car park so allowing a photo to be taken.


Back in Penzance a quick scan saw the Common Scoter flock had grown to 8+ birds now.

No comments:

Post a Comment