Thursday 31 October 2019

Farlington Marshes - 15.9.19

Eastern Olivaceous Warbler

There I was on the 14th hallway through painting my shed when I get news of a mega rare warbler in Hampshire! I looked at the traffic and decided against sitting in it and chose to finish painting. I hope I hadn't made a big mistake!

5am Sunday morning and I joined George and Matt on the trip down south. We arrived at 6.20 and walked over to where it had been showing the previous day. A Kestrel sat atop of a neighbouring bush wasn't exactly the start we wanted but that soon flew off quickly followed by Matt saying he'd got a bird moving in the bushes. I got on it and amazingly it was it. The second bird of the day was my first ever EASTERN OLIVACEOUS WARBLER! The pale, large billed bird flitted around and occasionally disappeared but soon showed again and pumped its tail downwards as if to say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment