Saturday 28 January 2017

Scilly - 14.10.16

I headed back up to the Garrison in the hope of more views of the previous days Pallas's Warbler but before I reached there I scanned the sea from the Star Castle and quickly picked up a diver that looked good for Red-Throated. A few people gathered around and had a look and eventually It came a tad closer and could be positively ID'd as my first Scilly Red-Throated Diver. Happy with that good start I carried onto the football pitch but there was no sign of the Pallas's but my 20th YB Warbler of the week was a nice consolation.

As the others were on a pelagic I chose to do my usual walk around the North of St.Mary's starting off at Porth Thomas where I came across 3 Black Redstart flitting around the beach.

Porthloo beach saw my 3rd Curlew Sandpiper of the week with a dozen Dunlin and a Whimbrel.

A good count of 10 Stock Dove were in a stubble field at Carn Morval soon followed by another Whimbrel at Tolls Porth.

Up at Bar Point a good size thrush flock contained 2 male Ring Ouzel. The YB Warblers were still present at Watermill and Newford Duck Pond and the final bird of the day was the female Redstart on Porthcressa beach at the 4th attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment