Thursday 26 January 2017

Scilly - 12.10.13

The double log taking it's toll on poor Terry!

Today I headed over to St.Agnes. After getting off the boat I chose to take a path I'd never taken before around Cove Vean. A Raven and another YB Warbler were noteworthy but it was a tad too windy for much else. The famous Parsonage was my next stop where I had yet another YB Warbler showing well by the school and both Red-Breasted and Spotted Flycatchers in the Parsonage grounds. Up by the church 3 male Blackcap were foraging in brambles and 2 Water Rail were on the big pool. Porth Killier was my final stop hoping to see the previous days Caspian Gull that had been photographed which was a 1st for Scilly. Very few gulls were about so I scanned along the beach edge and saw Sanderling, Greenshank and a new Curlew Sandpiper while out at sea were a couple of Razorbill and a Manx Shearwater. My scan of the sea was interrupted by the shout of a Little Bunting! sure enough one had flown in front of us and perched briefly on a rock before flitting around the corner and disappearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment