Thursday 13 October 2011

Back To Reality - 13.10.11

1 of todays 3 Kingfishers.


After last weeks excellent week on the Scillies, this week is back to normality bird wise even though i'm still off work. A Lesser Redpoll flew over the garden yesterday evening as I was getting the washing in and then at the Watford RSPB group monthly meeting I was totally gripped off with the news that on the 21st Sep whilst on a wander around Cassiobury Park they had found not 1 but 2 juv Garganey on the cress beds next to the fishing pit!! Only a 1st for the park and I found out about it 3 weeks later. So this morning I went to my place of work even though i'm on holiday and checked out the cress beds. As I was rather expecting there was no sign of the Garganeys but in the hour I spent in the park I noted 3 Kingfishers, 26 Redwing (first of the Autumn), Grey Wagtail, 5 Teal, 6 Siskin, Little Owl calling by the car park, Little Grebe and a flyover Bullfinch so it wasn't all bad! I might even be more sad and go again at dawn tomorrow to see whats about!

No comments:

Post a Comment