Wednesday 6 December 2023

Cornwall + Scilly - 7.10.23

I had just over an hour to spare before I had to be at the airport for my flight so I decided to try for the female Black and White Warbler that’d been trapped and ringed at Nanjizal Valley a couple of days earlier and had been released at nearby Polgigga. The small group of trees on the map didn’t look much but in reality it’d be tricky to re find with 100 birders but there were only 3 of us there! As expected there was no sign of the warbler but 3 Firecrest were a nice consolation prize.

I arrived at the airport with lovely sunshine and blue skies but was then brought back to earth when I was informed that there was very thick fog on Scilly and flights were delayed. My 11am flight was cancelled about 20 minutes after it was due to go and so I thought it’d be Monday before I would get over but I went to speak with the lady at check in and said I just need one seat. She went into the office and came back out and said there’s one at 5pm so I said I’ll have it. Just 6 hours to wait 😩😂. 

By the time I arrived I had about 30 minutes of daylight left so headed to Porthcressa where 2 Greenshank were the highlight. But it was good to be back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment