Tuesday 20 October 2015

Watford + Wilstone Reservoir - 17.9.15

Working in Vicarage Road cemetery all day produced 46 House Martin, 40+ Siskin, Grey Wagtail, 4 Meadow Pipit and 60+ Swallow.

Osprey
 
Black-Tailed Godwits
 
Garganeys
 
After work I headed over to Tring to hopefully add a few new species to my patch work challenge list. I walked around to the hide and during the hour or so I was there I managed to see all of the birds I had wanted. 2 Black-Tailed Godwit were the first in the notebook. These were quickly followed by 3 juvenile Garganey, Scaup, 3 LRP, Ruff, Water Rail, 4 Common Sandpiper and 8 Little Egret. Last but not least I was lucky to have timed my visit perfectly as out of nowhere appeared the long staying juvenile Osprey. Shame it didn't stay too long a it flew close past the hide and disappeared!


No comments:

Post a Comment