Thursday 5 November 2009

Cassiobury Park - 5.11.09

The first 90 minutes of the day were hectic in terms of birds and migration but at 8.50am it all went quiet. As soon as I stepped out of my car 2 Skylarks flew over followed by 14 Ring-Necked Parakeets and a few Redwing but at 7.50am as I started work in the park I noticed that Woodpigeons were on the move. Amazingly just 1 hour later they had stopped but in that hour I counted 707 birds flying S/SW with a few of the resident/local birds around.

Also noted were 22 Redwings, 2 Meadow Pipits, the 2 Pied Wagtails were still arouns the paddling pools with a female Grey for comapny, 30 Goldfinch with 4 Siskin and 2 Lesser Redpolls, 64 Black-Headed Gulls, a Kingfisher by the Rustic Bridge, what appeared to be an adult Carrion Crow feeding a begging/wing-fluttering youngster and the Mistle Thrush was still singing briefly around the mini railway.

No comments:

Post a Comment