Sunday 6 March 2022

Eastbourne + Polegate - 12.2.22

 I joined George, Brendon and Callum Mckeller in a trip down to Eastbourne where on the edge of a housing estate we had crippling views of a 1st winter American Robin. This was a tick for George and Callum and a 2nd bird for Brendon. For me it was my 3rd in the UK after Cornwall and W.Yorkshire. 

After filling our boots with the Robin we headed 3 miles down the road to the seafront where after a wait I picked out the call of the wintering Hume’s Warbler. It was fairly vocal but due to the strong wind we only saw it in flight. This was my 4th in the UK. A quick seawatch added 8 RT Diver, Gannet, Kittiwake, Guillemot and Fulmar to the year list. 

Our last stop was Polegate services where Callum quickly picked out the Hooded Crow that had been hanging around the McDonald’s there!




American Robin


No comments:

Post a Comment