Sunday 6 March 2022

BELTED KINGFISHER!! - 28.12.21

 The birding year finished on a high up in the village of Roach Bridge near Preston,Lancashire. I joined Brendon, Terry and Ricky on the 4 hour journey and we arrived in the rain and just before sunrise. We slid through the mud up to the farmers field that we had the privilege of paying a tenner to enter for a view over the river. 

The views were a bit restricted and so I missed the first view of the day. It was a good hour or so until I got a view of it perched distantly in a dead tree and BELTED KINGFISHER was on my list. It then vanished until we were just about to walk back to the car and someone said they had it perched up by the fishing lake which was even more distant than before. A belting end to the year!

My photo of the Belted Kingfisher!


Belted Kingfisher. Many thanks to Paul Coombes for the use of his excellent photos


No comments:

Post a Comment