Sunday 6 March 2022

Back To Cornwall- 23-30.10.21

 Half term week and I was heading back to Cornwall this time with the family! Dozmary Pool was a quick stop on the way down where the Ring-necked Duck of a couple of weeks ago had been joined by a further 3 drakes! A couple of weeks later and the flock had grown to 12 birds!

From here we visited Pendeen where at the second visit of the day I finally connected with the 1st winter Brown Shrike. My 3rd in the UK and 2nd in 2 years. 

Brown Shrike

On the 25th we went to Sennen Cove so the kids could play on the beach. I of course took my binoculars and spotted 2 Chough heading over the beach and 2 Med Gulls were offshore. On the way back to our accommodation I popped into Drift Reservoir to have a scan over. Even from the car park I managed to pick out the Black-necked Grebe

The 26th saw us visiting Paradise Park in Hayle where numerous birds were seen in the aviaries. Wild birds seen from there included 200+ Redwing and a single Fieldfare but the Brest bird was a Merlin that shot over the neighbouring fields.over on the estuary 40+ Med Gulls and 3 Golden Plover were seen.

The 27th only added a further 14 Med Gulls but I did dip a Black Redstart by the bus station at Penzance.

The 30th saw us up at silly o’clock for our long drive home. A Barn Owl seen by the side of the road near Hayle was the only thing worth writing down on the whole journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment