Saturday 28 April 2018

Cassiobury Park - 25.2.18

Going to one of my places of work on a Sunday morning isn't my idea of fun but when I saw a tweet from David Darrell-Lambert aka @birdbrainuk asking for help on the birds of the park for a new book he's writing  I thought who better to show him what it has to offer than me! The first bird of the day was a fly over Reed Bunting which was only about the 5th record for the park! This was followed by 2 Little Owls sat in their usual tree looking down on us. An Egyptian Goose took off from the canal before we reached the hide. Another great bird for the park. As we neared the fishing lake a Lesser-spotted Woodpecker drummed and called a couple of times but wasn't seen and finally 2 Coot were on the fishing lake. Also a bit of a mega for the park! David, you can come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment