Saturday 18 April 2015

Tring Reservoirs + College Lake - 16.4.15

Dunlin
 
I had a couple of hours spare so despite my car doing its best to fall apart I made it there. The male Garganey was asleep under the willows along the west side and while watching that a pair of Mandarin swam into view and onto the list. I then walked around with Steve Blake and up on the dry canal a Whitethroat was heard. We parted our separate ways and I headed off to Marsworth and Startops. As soon as I stepped out the car I could hear a Cuckoo calling and as I walked to the water a Kingfisher flew past. A Sedge Warbler was singing from the reed bed as did a Cetti's Warbler. On Startops were 27 Common Tern and a Common Sandpiper.

I then popped into College Lake more in hope than anything. I scanned all over and was pleased to find the Little Ringed Plover that had been around for a while but even better I picked out a Dunlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment