Saturday 18 April 2015

Tring Reservoirs - 12.4.15

 
3 Garganey + Wheatear
 
Yet another visit but this time including all 4 reservoirs. On Wilstone I managed to see the pair of Garganey from the jetty despite the gale force wind! From cemetery corner I scoped my first Common Tern of the year and up on the dry canal I had a quick look at the manure pile in the field and bingo I found my first Wheatear of the year! A few singing warblers were dotted about but near the new overflow I scanned for any sign of the Mandarins that had been seen the day before but with no sign of them I was more than happy to find a Common Sandpiper! 16 Sand Martin flew in as I was leaving.

Next stop was Marsworth Reservoir where the only thing of note was my first Reed Warbler singing from the reed bed. On Startops 3 Redshank were the only thing of note. A pair of Shelduck and Red-Crested Pochard were seen on Tringford Reservoir from the hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment