Sunday 28 December 2014

Home + Hilfield Reservoir - 27.12.14

The Friendly Kestrel

Finally after 3 months with no updates I've caught up with this blog!! Hopefully normal service will resume and I shall keep it up to date as possible.



On the 14th Dec I had a Peregrine over the garden which was nice!



Today I picked up my bins for the first time since the YBW at Amwell NR on the 19th October and paid my first visit to Hilfield since September. This was mainly due to decorating the new house whenever I had spare time and a bit of birding doldrums. Taking part in the Patchwork Challenge has suffered due to this and so I thought I'd better pay a visit in the hope of adding something new to the list. Unfortunately nothing new was seen although a fly over GBB Gull was only my second of the year and a BN Grebe was nice to see. A female Kestrel seemed to follow me around all day so the least I could do was take her picture!



Due to the position of the reservoir and the fact that popping in after work is ok but getting home is a traffic nightmare I have decided that next year my Patchwork Challenge patch will be Tring Reservoirs and College Lake which is easier for me to get to and from after work. So fingers crossed for some good birding.

No comments:

Post a Comment