Monday 19 May 2014

Norfolk - 3.5.14

 
3 Crossbill and Tree Pipit
 
My dad had bought a new house in Caister-on-Sea and so myself and Carey went up to have a look. We made a brief stop for a McDonalds breakfast just into Cambrideshire and while sat in the car park a Yellow Wagtail flew over. Instead of heading straight to my dads we popped into a few places on the way. First stop was Lynford Arboretum near Mundford. I was hoping to connect with one or both the Two-Barred Crossbill that had been present since last year but despite walking around most of the site I could only connect with a few Common Crossbill and then just as I was getting into the car to carry on our journey a Marsh Tit called from nearby shrubs.

The next stop was just down the road at Santon Downham. Carey stayed in the car to read a book while I headed out. Almost immediately I heard and then saw a singing Tree Pipit quickly followed by 5 more Crossbill. After a quick ice cream and we were off again. Just before the East Harling turn off a Hobby flew over the car. The final destination was my Norfolk local patch of Winterton Dunes but as usual it was quiet with only 3 Wheatear of note although at least 1 of them was a Greenland race bird. As for my dads house it's a nice semi detached bungalow with nice fields out the back which in the past have had Bee-Eater and Red-Footed Falcon nearby!

No comments:

Post a Comment