Tuesday 20 May 2014

Herts Tick - 20.5.14

 
Temminck's Stints
 
Yesterday I arrived home to read news of a potential county tick at Tyttenhanger that was ID'd from photos once they had flown off just as I was finishing work. Forward to this morning and I received a phone call from Steve Blake yesterday's finder to say that they were back. All they had to do was stick around for another 6-7 hours! Work flew by quite quickly as did the journey up to Tyttenhanger and after a quick walk I joined Joan Thompson, Anna Marrett and Steve Murray and thankfully out on the spit on the main pit were my first Temminck's Stints in Hertfordshire. Also on view were a stunning male Yellow Wagtail and a Little-Ringed Plover. I watched the stints for about 30 minutes before I headed home happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment