Tuesday 4 September 2012

Dorset - 1.9.12

As it was the last day of our stay I set the alarm for 6am and set off for the bill. Just as I was passing Culverwell a bird flew up from the roadside narrowly missing the front of my car and flew to a tree in Culverwell. It was amazingly a Nightjar! One had been seen early the previous day but had last been seen around 11am so whether it was the same bird or another one no one will know but it was my first ever migrant Nightjar as i'd only ever seen them on their breeding grounds. The only other notable birds were 11 Common Scoter over the sea and my first Willow Warbler, Sparrowhawk and Yellow Wagtail (4) of the week.

On the way home I tried again for the Woodchat Shrike at Wyke Regis but again it didn't want to show. 2 Whinchat, 2 Buzzard, 2 Wheatear, Raven and a White Wagtail were seen instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment