Sunday 22 August 2010

Mundens Estate - 22.8.10


The Parakeet and the awful Buzzard photo (but as my boy was proud to find it i've included it for him!)

After deciding not to go to the bird fair as I knew i'd spend money I don't have myself and my son and mum had a couple of hours over my old local patch hoping to repeat last years Redstart find. Unfortunately the visit didn't produce anything quite so good and I didn't even find the best bird of the day as while trying to photograph the Ring-Necked Parakeet (see above) my 7 year old son Tom said "theres a big black bird up there" and into view loomed a Common Buzzard which is also photographed but is probably the worst picture you could ever see!! Other birds of note were a Great-Black Backed Gull, Treecreeper, Nuthatch, a dozen Swallows, Sparrowhawk which put up at leaset 300 Woodpigeons and on the Otterspool were 2 Gadwall, 9 Teal and 2 Tufted Ducks which were the 11th and 12th record for the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment