Sunday 21 June 2009

White-Throated Sparrow - 13.4.09





3 images of the male Red-Breasted Merganser I found.


A 5am start on a bank holiday Monday isn't the most enjoyable thing to do but I was hoping the reward would be worth it. Just after 7am I arrived at the site to be told i'd missed the bird in question by 5 minutes. Thankfully not long after out popped the bird in full view just 10 feet away. Yes the early start was definately worth it with an absolutely cracking male WHITE-THROATED SPARROW that even started singing! It had been present since November 2008 but thankfully news broke just in time as after 150+ days on site it promptly disappeared after just 10 days on show. This was my 2nd Lifer this year.

On the way home I made a slight detour to a local reservoir and promptly found a female Wheatear followed by a male Red-Breasted Merganser!

No comments:

Post a Comment