Monday 29 June 2020

Hunton Bridge + Garden NOCMIG - 2.4.20

Due to the global Coronavirus pandemic meaning we couldn't leave the house unless it was absolutely necessary the Herts Bird Club had come up with an April long garden bird competition to see who could see the most species in or from their garden.

On the way into work I was just going round the Hunton Bridge roundabout onto Hempstead Road when I noticed an Osprey heading low towards me presumably following the river or canal.

Once home I read on Twitter reports of Common Scoter being heard flying over peoples gardens from around the Bristol Channel heading NE. With this NOCMIG (NOCturnal MIGration) news I headed out into my garden and at just past 9.30pm I heard the nocturnal call of at least 2 Common Scoter! Another small group flew over about 10 minutes later then after that I heard both Wigeon and Teal. I tweeted this news out and a further 3 birders added it to their lockdown lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment