Monday 18 May 2015

GREATER YELLOWLEGS!! - 16.5.15

 
 
Greater Yellowlegs
 
As you may have (hopefully) read I had a bit of a disastrous weekend last weekend when I dipped the Greater Yellowlegs in Hampshire and then not even getting a chance to get to Norfolk for the Citril Finch! Fast forward 6 days and news came on the pager that the yellowlegs was on show this time on the reserve at Titchfield Haven. I enquired on Twitter as to what it was doing and I got a reply back saying it looks settled and its sleeping. With that news I decided to try again and so after picking up young Ephraim Perfect who had enquired about a lift we were off. Traffic on the M25 and then roadworks on the M3 meant it took a little longer to arrive than had hoped but arrive we did, found a space and bought our permits. A fast walk in the fairly warm sun meant I as sweating in more ways than one but I needn't have worried as upon arrival at the Pumfrett Hide I clapped eyes on my first GREATER YELLOWLEGS as it fed on the far side of the North scrape. Finally after seeing 8 Lesser Yellowlegs I had its bigger cousin on my list! A pair of Mediterranean Gull and Avocet were the only other noteworthy birds.


No comments:

Post a Comment