Monday 15 July 2013

Fordingbridge - 6.7.13

After the mammoth dip to the Farnes the last thing I needed was more driving but thats exactly what I had to do. My mum had very kindly booked a weekend at the dodgy sounding Sandyballs hoilday camp in the New Forest! With baking hot temperatures the hour spent in traffic on the M25 wasn't the most pleasurable time of my life but within 2 hours we had arrived. We were staying in wooden cabins with a river view. Stupidly though the staff had left all the windows closed and the curtains open so it was more of a sauna when we walked in! After a bite to eat it was bedtime but sleeping when it was that hot was tricky to say the least. The next day we all had a quick stroll down to the river where I encountered Cetti's Warbler and at least 2 Reed Warbler but the highlight was seeing my first ever Smooth Snake that my brothers girlfriends son had found. Later myself, Carey, Tom and my mum headed out to Beaulieu motor museum where we looked round at the Top Gear cars and the James Bond cars to name a few. We popped in to have a look around the house and as I looked out of the window I noticed a Little Egret on the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment