Wednesday 10 August 2011

North Kent - 7.8.11

I'd almost forgotten about my trip down to Kent on Sunday. It wasn't bird related unfortunately but instead a family christening. I did however sneak my bins into the car and managed around 5 minutes birding at 2 sites! The first 5 minutes was at Otterham Quay where the future mother-in-law lives. The tide was out and the mud had attracted around 10 Black-Tailed Godwits with a couple still in their summer finery. The best though were the 2 Avocet in a small creek. The first time i've seen them here. On the way to the church in the village of Iwade I pulled over and had a quick look over Funton Creek. 9 years ago i'd seen a Spoonbill there in with around 60 Little Egret. Today though saw not 1 Little Egret and nothing else of note other than another 2 Avocet.

No comments:

Post a Comment