Monday 5 April 2010

Super Suffolk - 5.4.10

1 of the Purple Sandpipers.

After staying the night in Gorleston-on-Sea and then popping in for a cuppa at my dads house we left and headed for home with a planned hour or so in Southwold. But as we were passing Lowestoft I thought it'd be rude not to pop to Ness Point where after a quick wait I managed to pick out 6 Purple Sandpipers on the rocks along with 12+ Turnstone. 2 other birders joined me and told me they had just had a Slavonian Grebe in Lowestoft Harbour so I had a quick look and was surprised to see it was nearly in summer plumage. Unfortunately i'd left my camera in the car for the sandpipers and so got a pic on my camera phone and the grebe wouldn't stop diving for long enough to get a pic!


A Little Egret was seen on Town Marshes in Southwold.

No comments:

Post a Comment