Monday 5 April 2010

PALLID SWIFT - 4.4.10


The site of the Pallid Swift and the record shot of the White Wagtail.

I finally managed a trip up to Suffolk today. I dropped my boy off with his mum and went home packed up a few things and was on my way just after 11am. nearly 3 hours later and i'd arrived at Kessingland just South of Lowestoft. I parked up and walked down Marsh Lane past the sewage works and down to the private fishing lakes. Thankfully within a few minutes the PALLID SWIFT flew into view and I managed to watch it in my scope for nearly 15 minutes. Unfortunately being a swift there was no way I could manage to get a photo of it! Before getting back to the car I had a quick look over the sewage works and managed to pick out 2 White Wagtails amongst the Pied's. I tried to get a picture of them but they were constantly moving to avoid the arms that were spraying water so I just got a crappy record shot!! 2 Chiffchaffs were singing along the road and 2 Meadow Pipit's and a male Reed Bunting were also on the sewage beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment