Thursday 28 March 2024

Verulamium Park - 14.1.24

A family day out to St.Alban’s just so happened to coincide with a decent county bird that’d been present a while. After some trampolining and playground things for the kids we walked down to the lake where the well known showy Kingfisher was delighting both birders and member of the public by showing to a few feet. I left the others to go warm up in the cafe so I could search for the main bird but I drew a blank. 

After a nice hot chocolate I headed outside and o my third walk around the cathedral I picked up one of the breeding pair of Peregrines on the roof and eventually brief views of the Black Redstart as it flew out of a tree into bushes then up onto the cathedral then off round the corner.


Kingfisher 

Peregrine







No comments:

Post a Comment