Saturday 5 March 2022

Cornwall - 1.10.21

 It was that time of year again when I headed to the SW for my annual week on Scilly. This year Brendon Fagan joined me and so despite a run on fuel leading up to the day we set off for Cornwall to see what we could see. 

Our first stop was Godrevy where last year along with the Moreton brothers we saw 2 Chough next to the field car park but this year we saw 4 in the same field! Due to COVID I’d not been out birding much this year so I had many easy gaps in my year list still to fill. While there I added Turnstone, Shag, many Manx and 2 Balearic Shearwaters to it.

Chough

The Hayle Estuary was our next stop where a Greenshank and Ruff were seen on Ryan’s Field along with a year tick Bar-tailed Godwit

We then ventured down to Sennen where eventually I picked up the juvenile Rose-coloured Starling perched up in front of a telegraph pole.
 
Rose-coloured Starling

Our last stop of the day was Pendeen where viewing from the lighthouse I found another 2 Balearic Shearwaters going past.

No comments:

Post a Comment