Monday 6 September 2021

Norfolk Dip - 4.9.21

 News of a Sykes’s Warbler half way up Blakeney Point saw me join a small group of birders early Saturday morning. Unfortunately the bird hadn’t read the script and had disappeared overnight. It wasn’t a total loss as I did add 7 species to the year list. Dunlin and Curlew where the most embarrassing but an adult and juvenile Spoonbill were nice to see. 

Out at sea a Red-throated Diver flew east and 4 Arctic Skua flew west. A noisy Whimbrel flew over Cley beach car park but a hoped for Pied Flycatcher at Walsey Hills had just been trapped and ringed and then vanished. As I reached the car news reached me of a Crane flying over Warham Greens heading my way I sat and waited for it to appear but I eventually decided to leave. I got about 20 yards down the road when I picked it up flying over Cley reserve so shot into the east bank car park and managed a couple of record shots. 

Spoonbills


Common Crane

No comments:

Post a Comment