Wednesday 18 November 2015

Norfolk Weekender - 18.10.15

After a good night out at the Greyhound racing that even saw me come out £3 up on the night which is a first we had a spot of breakfast and said our goodbyes. But rather than head for home straight away we headed down the road to Caister golf course with the aim of seeing another Great Grey Shrike. It wasn't to be though but I did pick out an interesting looking Stonechat that had me thinking Siberian for a bit. Typically that turned up a few days later in the same spot! 4 Red-Throated Diver and a female Reed Bunting were the highlights before the rain set in.

While up that way I always like to try and visit Winterton Dunes. Its sort of my Norfolk patch. Over the years I've seen some good birds there. Todays visit to the north dunes was for yet another GG Shrike but again I was thwarted! 12+ Goldcrest and a Wheatear was all the land had to offer and out on the sea 26 Red-Throated Diver, 3 Common Scoter and a Mediterranean Gull was my lot. We then headed for home. Thanks Tom for putting up with all the birding!

No comments:

Post a Comment