Friday 6 March 2015

Tring + College Lake - 5.3.15

Barnacle Goose
 
Scaup
 
As the weather was fairly pleasant I decided to head up to Tring again mainly to see if the Barnacle Goose actually existed! My first stop was College Lake where a quick scan from the main hide saw 3 Redshank added to the list. As there was no sign of any geese I quickly headed over to Marsworth Reservoir. I walked in along the causeway between the 2 reservoirs and immediately heard Kingfishers calling. I then noticed over the far side in the horse paddocks that the Canada Geese were present so a better look was needed and thankfully I located the 1st winter Barnacle Goose at last! I then walked around Startops and just before the end I found the female Scaup and this time showing well. A brief look at Tringford failed to produce anything of note and so I went back to Marsworth in an attempt to see the elusive Bittern. Alas that didn't show nor did the Barn Owl. 50 Corn Bunting flew in to roost and a Cetti's Warbler was calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment