Sunday 6 April 2014

Hilfield Reservoir - 5.4.14

A quick couple of hours around the reservoir before heading over to be with the boy was pretty average but did produce 4 more patch ticks for my patchwork challenge. After having never seen a RL Partridge before I found another 2 in a field over the road. This was followed by a female Mallard with 13 chicks. Around the reservoir were 10 Chiffchaff 2 of which were collecting nest material. The first of my patch ticks was a singing Blackcap out of a total of 3 birds. 4 Pied Wagtail were on the dam and in the SW corner my second patch tick flew past in the shape of a male Reed Bunting. Non avian highlights were a Muntjac and my first Orange-Tip and Small White butterflies. Once back at the dam I had a mad 5 minutes when 2 Swallow zoomed through north and onto the year list. These were quickly followed by 3 Meadow Pipit also heading north and a last scan of the res produced 5 Sand Martin and the last patch tick of the day with 2 Lapwing over the far side.

No comments:

Post a Comment