Sunday 23 March 2014

Hilfield Reservoir - 15.3.14

My first visit for a while was made even better by the lovely weather. Before I'd even reached the top of the steps 6 Meadow Pipit flew north and onto my patchwork challenge list. 2 more flew north over the hide. On the walk around the reservoir I counted 9 different singing Chiffchaff and I also found a nest building pair of Long-Tailed Tit. Near the airfield a pair of Bullfinch flew off and a Coal Tit made an appearance. Near the viewpoint a Red Kite circled briefly and finally onto the list but the best bird of the day was seen just before the north pines when a couple of Chaffinch flew up from the floor and in with them was a near summer plumage Brambling! This was a Hilfield tick for me and brought the number of patchwork challenge ticks to 4 for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment