Tuesday 4 February 2014

Round Up

I received a message on the 28th of 3 male Mandarin in Cassiobury Park on the flood in the meadow along with a pair of Bullfinch.

On the 29th a Tawny Owl was calling as I walked to my car to go to work and then when I'd arrived a flock of 8 Cormorant flew over.

The 30th saw either 6 of yesterdays or 6 new Cormorant flying over Wiggenhall Road.

The 31st arrived and due to all the rain I had to do some football pitch inspections. While checking out Cassiobury Park a Lesser Redpoll flew over and around 30 Siskin were in the trees by the car park.

3rd Feb and a Sparrowhawk flew over Watford FC being mobbed by crows. I also received another message from Cassiobury Park that a Kingfisher was near the little meadow bridge and a pair of Goldcrest nearby.

The Mandarin count increased today (4th) with 4 now on the meadow (3 male 1 female).

No comments:

Post a Comment