Monday 18 March 2013

Cassiobury Park + Tring Reservoirs - 18.3.13

3 Lesser Redpoll flew over the croquet lawns around 1.30pm then after work I popped up to the reservoirs at Tring. First stop was Startop's End Reservoir. I climbed the steps from the car park and immediately connected with 5 Red-Crested Pochards (3 male). I wandered around the reservoir in the pouring rain in search of the Water Pipit but apparently I missed it by about 5 minutes after a dog walker had flushed it. 3 Grey Wagtails were along the waters edge. A Water Rail and Reed Bunting were heard on Marsworth Reservoir  On Tringford Reservoir 2 more male RC Pochards were in the middle of the water. A quick visit to Wilstone for the gull roost was aborted as the rain became heavier but not after i'd seen my first Goldeneye of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment