Tuesday 21 August 2012

Bird Fair - 19.8.12

For the first time in years I decided to pay a visit to Rutland Water for the annual bird fair. Unfortunately for me i'd chosen the hottest day of the year to go! I went up with my mum and my son. Amazingly he had a good time and enjoyed it even though birds come behind football, wrestling and play station! I met Ernest Leahy and the Tyttenhanger trio of Steve, Ricky and Graham and on the Neotropical bird club stand I bumped into Anna Hughes and Charlie Wilkins who I stayed with on Scilly in 2004 but hadn't seen for a while as they have moved to France. After a sweaty walk round and seeing Johnny Kingdom and Simon King I made my way home having bought nothing but lunch! A quick stop to have a look over a bit of the water produced a Kingfisher and a Little Egret.

No comments:

Post a Comment