Friday 13 April 2012

Cassiobury Park + Wilstone Reservoir - 5.4.12

It was a day of gulls today with 3 LBB Gulls and a Herring Gull that dropped in early morning along with 2 unseasonal BH Gulls.

It was during the afternoon whilst marking out the football pitches that I recieved 2 phone calls telling me of a Herts Mega at Tring. So I left work and headed up to Wilstone reservoir and thankfully bumped into Joan Thompson who let me use her scope to view my first Fulmar in the county and also the first for almost everyone else! But the following morning it was picked up moribund and later died. A sad end to a cracking bird. A quick scan before I left also saw Swallow and Common Tern added to the year list and at least 70 Sand Martin and 2 Little Egrets (which were my 100th and 101st in Herts.

No comments:

Post a Comment