Thursday 29 December 2011

Welney WWT - 29.12.11



The Peregrine and the Greenland Goose.



As i'm not back at work untill the 3rd Jan I decided to make the most of my free time and head of to Welney in the hope of adding another species to my UK list (sub-species anyway). On arrival it was clear to see it was going to be a windy day! I had a look from the hides and one of the first birds I came across was a Peregrine sat on the grass. Eventually I managed to pick out the flock of geese which included Canada, Greylag, 4 Barnacle, 1 Pink-Footed and 7 Eurasian White-Fronted Geese and there in with them was my first ever GREENLAND WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE. As you can see from my photo it was annoyingly distant and with the wind blowing it wasn't exactly perfect for a good pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment