Thursday 29 September 2011

Cassiobury Park - 29.9.11

I was just about to walk out of the mess room when a flock of around 30 Siskin flew over then circled around before disappearing. An unusual count so early in the Autumn (though at 28 degrees it hardly felt like it!). Probably the same 2 Chiffchaffs were singing again and a couple of Skylarks flew over. On approaching the paddling pools I noted a Magpie attacking something in a small pool of left over water. I walked in to find a juv Collared Dove totally waterlogged and with blood over the crown of its head. I picked it up and left it on the back of the parks buggy vehicle to dry out. I left in in the yard when I went home and it had perked up and had drunk out of a bottle of water I got for it! Lets hope it survives the night? The funniest sight was a Budgerigar that was flying over the pools after lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment