Thursday 22 October 2020

A Migraine, A Mega and an Ibis - 17.10.20

Glossy Ibis

Saturday morning I awoke with one of my migraines which was very frustrating as I was due to head to Norfolk to see my dad for his 70th birthday so that had to be cancelled. A short while later the UK's twitching fraternity went into meltdown as the first Rufous Bush Chat now called Rufous-tailed Scrub Robin for 40 years had just been found at Stiffkey in North Norfolk! A double blow with my head the way it was.

Around lunchtime I was feeling slightly more human and my wife was about to take the kids out to the park when news broke of a Glossy Ibis at College Lake. I was going to go for 40 winks but thought some fresh air would do me better! 25 minutes later and I was on site and watching just the 3rd or 4th Glossy Ibis for Buckinghamshire up on the small island at the far side of the main lake. I walked up for closer views and to try and get a half decent photo (which I'm not sure if I managed or not!).

I then popped to Wilstone for a quick scan. Here I found a Goldeneye and 11 Little Grebe.

No comments:

Post a Comment